Ireland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland

Hi Captain Tom, I may be going to Ireland . Any concerns for flying from East Coast to Ireland ? Is there one airline or airport that is better ?

amcfly-
    Where are you needing to go? Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Cork........pick the best one for you.

Dublin is more likely to have directs from East Coast, but I would gladly take a hop from LHR or somewhere else to get closer than a 3 hr drive after landing to your destination. Guess it depends on who does the driving: me, I had to do it for a couple jet-lagged companions because neither of them could drive a manual on the "wrong" side of the car.

Pick the airline based on prices/times/personal preference. Honestly matters not unless you secure something with Indiana Jones & chickens or something. They're all comparable and safe.

Also, East Coast to Ireland is not a long flight; some of the airlines operate 757s (single-aisle, mid-range aircraft) on these routes. I prefer a larger aircraft because the product is usually better--and while safety is not an issue either way--it's up to you.

Beautiful country. Enjoy it !!!

Comment

Hey man i think all the airport companies are good by means of safety, because if they won't be safe - they will not get permission to fly..
      yours,
      akhil

Comment

amcfly
        Pick one. A single airline may be less safe than another by a tiny margin, but flying is safe. Guarantee I can find a safer car than the one you drive...but did it stop you from buying what you have.

Short answer: SOAR.

Comment

Working...
        X