Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAA report of 737 NG planes with "faulty parts"--flying one of these 737-800 soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA report of 737 NG planes with "faulty parts"--flying one of these 737-800 soon

Copying and pasting from an article I just saw: "The Federal Aviation Administration said on Sunday that a joint investigation conducted with Boeing found over 300 planes worldwide may include parts that may have been improperly manufactured by a Boeing supplier. As many as 148 parts may be affected. Two models — the 737 Max and 737 NG — may have faulty “leading edge slat tracks,” a wing part important during takeoff and landing. The FAA warned in a statement that these parts “may be susceptible to premature failure or cracks.” While a failed leading edge slat track would not cause a complete loss of the aircraft, it could still cause damage to an aircraft in flight, according to the agency. " The article goes on to say that within 10 days the affected 737 NG planes will be removed from service. If your flight is a 737-600/-700/-800/-900, this means you are flying on a Boeing 737NG. So what about those of us who are flying 737 NG's before the 10 day period. I have done SOAR and it has helped me tremendously but seeing this report and knowing I am on a 737-800 is triggering my flight anxiety. Here is the article: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/boein...gEmail__040619

Last edited by silverybell; 06-04-19, 08:59 AM.

OK I just called Southwest. They told me that it involves only a "handful" of their planes and they have already removed them from service. Glad to hear that they have moved quickly and it won't be a problem at least on my airline. Those flying other airlines might want to call but suspect they are all on top of things.

Comment

All the flaps do is make the wing temporarily bigger for landing so the plane can land at a slower speed. If the flaps fail during flight, landing has to be done at a higher speed. No big deal/

Comment

Working...
      X